Monday, March 23, 2009

Bothered with Bows

Alright, I'm really struggling within the game right now. Is it possible to be successful on quests if you don't know how to use a bow or gun ????? I don't really understand it....but it seems like an offhand weapon is pretty much necessary to complete quests. If you don't have one, you can't draw off enemies from a central dwelling, and then you're attacked by about 300 trolls at once and you're only hope is to outrun them. I don't understand why they don't pop up in the game more. I think I got a bow once, from looting, but I couldn't use it, so I just sold it. I figured when I reached a high enough level I'd be able to start using bows, but no, wow is much more complicated than that, of course. First, you have to find a weapons master (which isn't easy in the enormous Iron Forge) and then you have to pay them a ridiculous amount of money just to be able to learn to use a bow or gun- that doesn't include buying the bow or gun, and the ammo or arrows to go with it. It isn't fairrrrrrr I don't have enough money...and now I have to focus on making money instead of leveling up (which is okay because I can't level up anyway without finishing quests, and I can't finish any of my quests without a long range weapon)
When I decided to learn to use a bow or gun, I couldn't decide which would be better on my own. I used google to find out what other gamers though and I found one helpful website- http://vnboards.ign.com/wow_general_board/- this website works basically as a message board where people just put there questions out there and others answer it. If someone has already asked your question, which they probably have because the number of question wow users have is vast, you're in luck! If they haven't, you can ask it yourself and you'll probably get an answer shortly. It helped me decide between a bow and a gun (I decided bow) with lots of different opinions, which I think is nice to see in all one place. Thumbs up to the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment