So...I reached level 10. Let me tell you, the whole game changes. The Gates of Ironforge were opened to me, and it was like I was finally a part of the...community. To all the level 7-9's out there still playing, keep going. Level 10 is a whole new deal. Suddenly I was being invited on quests, I was given new objectives, I could learn new skills and go new places. Trust me, it's a level you want to reach. It's when you officially become part of World of Warcraft.
When I get a quest, I like to try and do it by myself. The more I do this, the more stupid it becomes. World of Warcraft wasn't made to be a solo game, and it shouldn't be played as one. To all the independents out there, trust me, it's a lot more fun when you can get resurrected by a friend in your quest group then having to find your body over and over. The game has a completely different tone when you accept the fact that you're a part of a community and it's more fun when you ask for help.
I'm still not crazy about the reading out there for wow gamers. Even though I feel part of the 'society' now, it's hard to find an answer for any specific question I have. Take one website, the Fan fiction forum for WOW. It's an archive, but the website is a list of titles or posts, with no description of any of them or any sense of the order in them. I don't want to scrowl through all of the articles, only to find that what I'm looking for isn't in the title at all and I wasted my time. I mean, the titles aren't specific at all half of the time. I was less than thrilled with the search through the articles, with no luck in the end by the way. All the clicking could make a person's hand sore.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment